Our client is a financial services provider covering the full value chain of trading, clearing, settlement and market data for stocks and derivatives. The global success is based on highly integrated and automated IT solutions that form the core of client and allow companies and investors accessing global capital markets. More than a thousand of employees implement IT strategies through technological applications grouped in several key Sections, thereby ensuring the competitiveness of the entire Group.
For the Section "Energy”, we are looking for a dedicated DevOps and Cloud Engineer to overlook globally leading trading systems for energy and commodities markets. The tradable instruments cover a wide variety such as Power Spot instruments, commodity futures and OTC cleared derivatives most of which are tradable 24/7, 365 days a year.
starting date will be agreed
Field of activity
Your responsibility within the Energy product team will include the daily operation and deployment of our applications as well as the systems on cloud/on-prem.
As a curious self-learner, you will automate all process and procedures within this field of responsibility using state-of-the-art instrumentation thereby ensuring stable and consistent production environments. You are encouraged to propose new methods for operations demonstrating new technological advancements and their benefits to our product.
In our Energy product team, we strive to keep up a start-up mentality with technology-driven people that are part of the decision process – reshaping and improving the future of our product.
- Full stack responsibility of Energy infrastructure and applications including troubleshooting.
- Operate Energy Monitoring stack with Ansible/Terraform/AWS including capacity and performance management, performance tuning and ongoing monitoring.
- Deployment and support of internally developed applications as well as third party software within the production environment.
- Assist integration of Kafka & Consul clusters monitoring into our Energy Monitoring stack and develop preventive maintenance.
- System (upgrading, patching and tuning), capacity and performance management.
- Continuous improvement and automation of processes for both operation and deployment activities.
- Take part in Automation/Containerization/Cloudification/Serverless projects.
- Operation includes early/late shifts and on-call duty distributed among the team (an average of 1-2 shifts or on-call duty per month might be expected).
- University degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in System Engineering in highly critical environment
- Experience in ELK, TIK stack
- Expertise in RedHat Enterprise Linux 6/7 (installation, system monitoring and maintenance, tuning and troubleshooting, etc.)
- Experience in Web & application servers / proxy (Apache, Tomcat, HAProxy)
- Experience with automation, software deployment and orchestration technologies (e.g., Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, OpenStack, Jenkins, Git, GitHub, Terraform)
- Be able to take responsibility and deliver results under time pressure
- Be able to learn and fail fast
- Good knowledge of one or more of the following technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Kafka, Consul, Sparc, Hadoop, CheckMK, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Mongo, CheckMK in a context of “Everything as Code”
- Understanding and/or experience with DevOps and SRE
- Experience with one or more of the following languages Python/Go/Java
- Work experience with KanBan and Scrum is appreciated
- Understanding of Serverless, Microservices architecture
- Experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins, CircleCI, Travis)
What we offer
- Visa and relocation support
- Czech SIM card, monthly budget is set to 1000 CZK
- Multisport card
- Sick days and personal days
- Mentoring and Buddy program
- Free tickets to Prague Zoo
- Education and Training courses (Linux Academy)