Can you bring the ideas, energy, and dedication needed to reach and engage the next 100M eBay users? eBay is looking for very talented and motivated software engineers to join its Marketing Technology team. The team is responsible for world class platforms and algorithms powering all of eBay's outbound traffic, advertising, and its affiliate program. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, integrating, and maintaining features for Marketing Technology platforms. Specifically, you will be designing data structures to store information in marketing channel agnostic way, creating and implementing algorithms for selecting the most relevant messages for our buyers and sellers, building systems for real time data collection, aggregation, and distribution to data science and operational teams. This is an exciting and business critical role given Marketing Technology’s importance to eBay.
What would you do?
- You will be responsible for connecting Marketers and Customers by writing different web services that allow to check what is Customer’s status, what data are already present in different databases, whether he/she is eligible for some extra points, and how to make Customer experience better and easier
- You will write web services within existing infrastructure and platform, be responsible for integration them into current platform, will cover different batch jobs etc.
- Also, you might cover some interaction with our Marketers from HTML/UI perspective
What makes you relevant for the role?
- You are able to express your thoughts and ideas clearly in English
- 5+ years of application development/programming experience, at least 2 years in Java
- 2+ years of high performance/high volume application development experience
- Focusing on scaling and enhancing the existing platform with maintainability in mind
- Solid understanding of Web services. Hands-on experience with HTML/CSS is a must
- Problem solving skills and algorithmic thinking
- 1+ year of experience with application development in a rapid iteration/agile software development team
- Good communication skills, and the ability to work individually and independently, within a team, and across teams
- Tech stack:
- Strong Experience with Java (Scala, Kotlin are an advantage)
- Experience in building large scale Web Services and Backend Applications using Java/J2EE, RESTful Web Services
What an interview process would look like?
- You will share your experience and other details with our engineering expert
- You will have a call with the R&D Director – responsible for entire Engineering team
- You will try to pass and interview with Chief Solution Architect of eBay
- When you are successful – welcome on board, and we will take care of the rest