Our client is a German-based company, which has their IT HUB located in the Prague centre. There’s about 500 technical people working. The business and senior management is located mostly in Germany and the IT HUB has an independent position. Due to this reason they are open to the new technologies and delivery approach. They are structured according to their products (Investment Funds, Data IT, Risk IT, …) and these product divisions are also independent from management point of view. They have new premises with modern open-space offices located nearby the Vltava river on the metro station. Their internal culture is driver by the fact, that this is an IT (technical) HUB, so it’s open-minded with casual dress code, but also limited to the nature of their business – which is strictly regulated, so they are focused on the quality, risk management and security or integrity of their applications.
What would you do?
- Work in the team of 4 developers maintaining Frontend application (JEE application based on custom framework, no need to know JSP/JSF/ReactJS …).
- Analyze and understand the business requirements to support enhancements on existing applications following SCRUM methodology.
- Ensure that all applications adhere to company procedures and standards, along with meeting set project time frames.
- Become a member of the team of professionals with friendly and informal relationships.
What makes you relevant for the role?
- Practical experience in development of Java applications (>= 5 years).
- Solid experience within the following technologies:
- Core Java SE,
- Object oriented analysis and design techniques,
- Relational database (Oracle, SQL),
- JUnit or similar.
- Critical thinking, the ability to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Willingness to learn.
- Following experience is a plus:
- Git (GitHub),
- Java EE / JBOSS EAP,
- Financial Markets background,
- Docker / Linux/ Jenkins,
- Cloud Services (AWS/Azure).
- The following interpersonal skills are essential:
- Strong communication skills and ability to negotiate,
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed and attentive to details,
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
What an interview process would look like?
- Interview with HR representative followed by an online test.
- Technical interview with Acamar technical consultant.
- Interview with client representatives.
- When you are successful – welcome on board, and we will take care of the rest.