Our client is one of the leading global market infrastructure providers. They provide trading, clearing, settlement, market data distribution and other services for a broad range of asset classes (securities, derivatives, FX…).
What would you do?
- You design, develop, customize and maintain our Jira based tooling, incl. the Jira REST API (with connections to other internal applications) and Environment to meet our long-term business needs.
- You use scripted fields to extend Jira functionality to meet organizational goals.
- You evaluate, recommend, and implement scripts or Jira plug-ins as they fit into integration workflows.
- You troubleshoot and debug across Jira and integrated systems.
- You ensure all code is testable, create unit tests, and work with quality engineers to develop integration tests.
What makes you relevant for the role?
- An Engineering degree in Computer Science, IT, Software System or equivalent work experience in the field
- Preferably 3 – 5 years of proven professional experience in Jira Development using Jira REST API and/or Jira Market Place Plug-Ins & JSON
- Significant programming experience in at least one of Python, Groovy, Java, Go and/or equivalent
- Strong ability in understanding and modifying existing codebases
- Experienced in writing unit tests and creating mock modules
- Good knowledge with SQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MsSQL)
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle; preferably with understanding of Scrum
- Experience with using Git as a source code versioning system
- Experience using GitHub or GitLab for repository management, pull requests, code reviews etc
- Good in applying software design patterns (GoF & Co)
- Knowledge of Shell Scripting
- Applying Security by Design using security best practices, encryption where necessary, avoiding common sources of vulnerabilities etc.
- Excellent understanding and proven hands on experience in maintaining and supporting JIRA workflows, permission schemes, notification schemes, screen schemes, etc.
- Strong ability in analysing the existing plug-in code and modify the same for business needs
- Strong ability to write new scripts or plug-ins for Jira
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux administration
- Strong analytical skills, able to understand abstract functionalities from specifications
What an interview process would look like?
- Interview with HR representative
- Technical interview with our client representative
- When you are successful – welcome on board, and we will take care of the rest!